Composite Lintels (click for Load Tables)PDF
Type A & B Composite Lintels are best used in conjunction with brickwork or blockwork - When lintels are used in conjunction with 2 or more courses of brick/blockwork, advantage may be taken of the composite action of the concrete and brickwork together.
Non Composite Lintels (click for Load Tables)PDF
Types C, D, E, F, K9, G8, U2 are designed to withstand direct imposed loads. Rafters, wall plates and floor joists may be accommodated as directly imposed loads.
- BEARING: Minimum of 150mm each side or as directed by the structural engineer.
- PROPPING: Propping is not required with this type of lintel.
- BRICKWORK: Non-composite lintels do not require brickwork bonded to them. Point loads from girders, trusses, steel beams ect. require to be referred to our Customer Advisory Service.
- POSITIONING: Lintels must be placed with wire in correct position. Lintels are marked top.
- ORDERING: All sizes listed are normal stock sizes.
All lintels are designed in accordance with –
BS 5977: Part 1: 1981, BS EN 845-2: 2103, BS 8110: Part 1: 1985, BS 8110: Part 2: 1985.